When all employees are embraced, respected and heard, we will build a collaborative, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist culture where everyone thrives.
Job Class: Direct Care and Treatment Manager 3
Working Title: Assistant Director of Psychology
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 10/28/2022
- Closing Date: 12/16/2022
- Hiring Agency: Department of Human Services
- Division/Unit: Direct Care and Treatment / Forensic Services
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift / 8:00am-4:00pm
- Days of Work: Monday – Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $45.58 – $65.26/hourly; $95,171 – $136,262/annually
- Classified Status: Unclassified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 220 – Manager/Unrep
- FLSA Status: Exempt – Executive
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: No
Working for the Minnesota Department of Human Services Direct Care & Treatment division PAYS!
In addition to a rewarding, unique career in which you will be positively impacting the lives of Minnesota’s most vulnerable residents, we provide competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. This includes a competitive wage, affordable insurance, retirement benefits, paid time off and more!
When you start a career with us, you may also be eligible for:
- $15,000 Hiring Bonus (Current State of Minnesota employees are not eligible for a Hiring Bonus)
- Relocation reimbursement up to $12,500
- Tuition reimbursement for courses related to the work of DHS
- Student loan reimbursement
What a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that is committed to our staff, clients, and community!
The Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) is seeking qualified and enthusiastic Assistant Director of Psychology to join our Forensic Services team within the Direct Care & Treatment (DCT) Division of the agency. Forensic Services is a statewide program that provides evaluation and treatment to individuals committed as Mentally Ill and Dangerous to the public, Mentally Ill, Developmental Disabilities, and/or Chemical Dependency. We also provide innovative and responsive behavioral care to people with complex needs and challenges; some of whom may present substantial safety risks. The Assistant Director of Psychology will develop, plan and implement a system-wide strategic plan enhancing and ensuring quality centralized therapy services and ongoing successful administration of the nationally accredited psychology internship training program. This includes providing direction and oversight to:
- Centralized Clinical Program Therapists who provide individual and group therapy across the Forensic Services campus,
- The Good Lives Day Treatment Team which provides campus-wide sex offender assessment and treatment,
- Full-time Psychology Interns on issues pertaining to the internship training and provision of supervised centralized therapy services for the entire facility.
This position also:
- Oversees the referral and caseload assignment process for centralized therapists, including triage of referred patients, assignment of caseloads, and clinical direction of the services provided.
- Administratively supervises the Good Lives Day Treatment Team and supports implementation of clinical direction offered to that team by the Good Lives Clinical Director
- Oversees the development, administration and oversight of the nationally accredited psychology internship program. This includes leading the interview and selection process of interns, chairing the Training Committee, clinical and administrative supervision of interns, and, in collaboration with the Psychology Director, identification of Training Committee members and intern clinical rotation supervisors.
- Evaluates and ensures that adequate human, fiscal and technical resources are efficient and effective for current program needs and long-range projected needs of the program.
- Is responsible for residential/clinical services at the Forensic Nursing Home and the Forensic Mental Health Program.
- 3 years of clinical leadership/management experience in a large, multifaceted organization which includes managing programs, strategic planning and directing the work of staff; AND
- Ph.D. or Psy. D. in clinical/counseling psychology; AND
- Licensure as a Psychologist by the Minnesota Board of Psychology;
- Licensure in another state and license eligible in MN will also qualify on a contingent basis; AND
- Three years of post-licensure experience
- As a Clinical and/or Administrative Supervisor; OR
- As a licensed Psychologist; OR
- A combination of both
- Experience as a Clinical Psychologist in a Forensic or Correctional environment, including treatment for populations presenting complex clinical or forensics needs or serious and persistent mental illness in conjunction with a history of violence or aggression, personality disorders, sex offense or sexual deviant behavior, substance use or cognitive impairment.
- Experience as a Clinical Supervisor
- Experience with development/leadership of structured training programs and/or coordination and clinical direction of mental health services
- Our employees are dedicated to ensuring culturally responsive services. Preferred candidates will have a variety of experiences working effectively with others from different backgrounds and cultures.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that you clearly describe your work experience in the areas listed for each job held.
REFERENCE CHECKS – The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials.
EDUCATION VERIFICATION – Applicants will be required to provide copies of their college transcript or college degree/diploma at time of interview. Copies of the college degree/diploma are acceptable ONLY if it clearly identifies the field in which it was earned.
Why Work For Us
You owe it to yourself to check out the exciting and rewarding careers available statewide in Direct Care and Treatment, the behavioral health care system operated by the Department of Human Services.
As a member of our team, you will help support patients and clients with intellectual disabilities, mental illness, chemical dependency and other behavioral health conditions. From doctors, nurses and other direct care staff to facility and operations positions to office and administrative support roles, we’ve got excellent opportunities at nearly 200 locations throughout Minnesota. Our mission-focused work positively impacts the lives of over 12,000 Minnesotans each year.
The meaningful career you’ve been waiting for is just a click away. Go ahead, do yourself a favor. Make the next step in your journey #DCTCareers!
We invest in our employees by providing competitive compensation and excellent, comprehensive benefits including low cost medical, dental and vision insurance, employer-paid life insurance, pension and tax-deferred compensation plans, generous vacation and sick leave and 11 paid holidays each year. Many positions are eligible for a hiring bonus, tuition assistance, and even relocation expenses. For more information about #DCTCareers visit our website: https://mn.gov/dhs/dct-careers/
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The Department of Human Services is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply to the MN Careers website http://www.mn.gov/careers Job ID 57801.
If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637
CERTAIN DISABLED VETERANS: Effective August 1, 2012, legislation provides state agencies with the option to appoint certain disabled veterans on a noncompetitive basis if they: 1) meet service requirements and have a verified service-connected disability rating of at least 30%; 2) provide qualifying documentation verifying the disability; and 3) meet all Minimum Qualifications identified in this posting. To be considered under this legislation you must submit all documentation before the closing date.
If you have questions about the position, contact Dr. Thanh Son Nguyen-Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate and Job ID #57801 to Kristen Hiner at email@example.com before the close date listed on the posting.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services’ ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 or DHS_ADA@state.mn.us for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.