Assistant Professor in Social Psychology
Derner School of Psychology
The Gordon F. Derner School of Psychology seeks to enhance its roster of distinguished faculty – including clinical/counseling, developmental, cognitive, social, health, and social neuroscience psychologists – through the addition of a colleague with a background in Social Psychology. Priority will be given to applicants who explore how social psychology can be positioned as a tool for social justice across diverse community contexts (e.g., racial justice, social change and resilience, critical social psychology, intersectionality, etc.) . Candidates with an active research program are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants for this tenure-track Assistant Professor position must have a PhD by September 2023 and prior teaching experience, and will begin on-campus teaching in late August 2023.
1. Candidates will teach social psychology and research methods courses at graduate and undergraduate levels, develop upper-level courses in his/her area of expertise; establish an active research program, expand a scholarly publication record; have a strong interest in initiating and guiding student research and be committed to serving as an active, collaborative member of the university community and their field.
2. This position will contribute to our undergraduate, MAs and clinical psychology doctoral departments through teaching, research and service.
1. All candidates with a strong background in any area of Social Psychology teaching and research will be considered.
2. Priority will be given to individuals engaging in research for social action. As a teaching-scholar university, we welcome candidates who integrate Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging into their scholarship, teaching and service.
1. Applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, graduate transcripts, statements of teaching and research interests, three selected reprints/preprints, teaching evaluations, and three letters of recommendation. Please have letters sent to mailto:email@example.com.
2. Review of applications will begin 2 weeks after the job posting and will continue until the position is filled; timely submission of materials is recommended for full consideration.
3. To be considered, applications must be submitted through the Adelphi website only.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research and teaching university dedicated to transforming students’ lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island’s oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
ABOUT THE GORDON F. DERNER SCHOOL OF PSYCHOLOGY:
For further information about the Derner School of Psychology which includes an APA approved PhD in Clinical Psychology, a School Psychology PsyD, and MA programs in General Psychology, School psychology, and Mental Health counseling, and post-graduate programs as well as one of the largest undergraduate majors at Adelphi, please click here: https://derner.adelphi.edu/ .
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3664075
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.