As an Associate Director of the CC, this person serves as a member of the CC’s executive team (which includes the CC’s Director, 3 associate directors – Clinical; Training; and Outreach and Sexual Assault Services – and the Clinic Supervisor). This executive team assists the Director of the CC in providing leadership and managerial oversight of the administrative, clinical, consultative and outreach functions of the CC; planning, development and implementation of new policies and initiatives; and providing administrative supervision of professional staff.
This position reports to the Director of the Counseling Center.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists the CC Director in providing leadership and managerial oversight of the clinical functions, policies and procedures of the CC
- Leads the CC’s weekly Case Management Meeting and leads the CC’s Clinical Services Committee
- As with the other clinical members of the Executive Committee, serves as a resource for clinical staff regarding issues such as state law, confidentiality, and the reporting of abuse
- Stays up-to-date with national policy-related trends regarding the management and provision of clinical services
- Assists in the Management of the Counseling Center’s electronic record system (Titanium)
- Provides clinical supervision and evaluation of 1/3 of the not-yet-licensed clinical staff; provides administrative supervision and evaluation of 1/3 of the licensed clinical staff;; and is expected to be in the pool of clinicians eligible to provide clinical supervision of the CC’s doctoral psychology interns
- Manages the orientation and training for new staff and interns regarding CC clinical service policies and procedures
- Provides a reduced load of clinical services, including initial consultations, individual counseling, group counseling, couples counseling and crisis intervention
- Provides afterhours (as backup to ProtoCall) on-call shifts, in rotation with the rest of the clinical staff
- Participates in outreach, and consultation services to the university community
- Engages in professional activities at the local, regional, and/or national levels
- Performs other duties as assigned by the CC Director