The Yale Child Study Center has openings for two full-time child psychologists with expertise in the provision of evidence-based treatment to children, teens, and families. Successful candidates will be appointed as Assistant Professor on the Academic Clinician tenure track and based at the Child Study Center’s new practice in Westport, Connecticut. Services to families are offered both in person and virtually.
Connecticut licensed or licensed eligible child psychologists who have completed APA accredited doctoral and internship programs with the following skills or experience are encouraged to apply:
- Experience providing clinical care to youths and their families in outpatient settings
- Experience providing cognitive behavioral therapy and evidence-based treatments, with an emphasis on ADHD, executive functioning challenges, and anxiety disorders required
- Candidates with young child experience encouraged to apply
- Candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Experience providing culturally and racially responsive care
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Conducting initial diagnostic evaluations
- Providing psychoeducation to youth and families
- Delivering cognitive behavioral therapy to youth
- Delivering evidenced-based parenting skills training
- Offering group therapy
- Coordinating care, including attending PPTs and school meetings
The mission of the Yale Child Study Center is to improve the mental health of children and families, advance understanding of their psychological and developmental needs, as well as treat and prevent childhood mental illness through the integration of research, clinical practice, and professional training. The Child Study Center is committed to recruiting, supporting and encouraging the most gifted clinicians, researchers, and leaders representing diverse backgrounds today, as well those in succeeding generations in the service of its clinical, research, training, policy, and prevention agendas.
Applicants should submit a CV, three letters of reference, and a cover letter outlining their relevant experience including provision of outpatient child and adolescent mental health services. Please apply to apply.interfolio.com/139829. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Yale University provides a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including the Yale Home Buyers program, a scholarship program for dependents at any college, and a 5% match to contributions to your Yale retirement account. Yale is a Public Service Loan Forgiveness site. We value Spanish language skills as an important way to meet the needs of the community we serve. A Spanish speaking clinician who becomes certified as a bilingual health provider and provides patient care in Spanish receive a salary supplement.
Yale University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Yale values diversity among its students, staff, and faculty and strongly welcomes applications from women, persons with disabilities, protected veterans, and underrepresented minorities.