Closing Date: 2/12/2018
Salary Range: $39.70 – $56.83 /hourly; $82,894 – $118,661 /annually
“This is Statutory Unclassified position, which means the incumbent serves at the will of the appointing authority and does not acquire permanent status.”
The Minnesota Security Hospital (MSH) in St. Peter is expanding our Forensic Services team, creating a Clinical Director position for which we are currently seeking well qualified candidates.
MSH serves a wide variety of psychological disorders, legal statuses, and cognitive disorders. These complex patients present with a significant range of acuity needs and many require intensive intervention, behavioral supports, and in-depth assessments.
The MSH Clinical Director is a leadership role to provide clinical oversight and guidance to staff and patients within the MSH program and will be responsible for ensuring best treatment practices for MSH patients, including:
- Ensuring high quality treatment and programming is offered to MSH patients,
- Critical training is offered to staff,
- Quality assurance measures and documentation are utilized appropriately,
- Leadership in program development and implementation, strategic planning, and quality oversight in MSH.
This position will be responsible for:
- Policy development and implementation,
- Representing patient needs at statewide committees,
- Providing leadership in key positions, including the chair of the Behavior Management Review Committee,
- Serving on the Clinical Management Committee, and providing clinical consultation and guidance to Unit Directors and Registered Nurse Supervisors in accordance with the terms of the FS licensing variance,
- Working closely with the FS Medical Director, the Executive Director of Behavioral Health, the MSH Program Director, and the MSH Assistant Program Director to coordinate care across the program,
- Provide guidance in managing the most difficult, treatment-resistant patients within the program,
- Directly supervise the Behavior Support Team- a team dedicated to providing in-depth Functional Behavior Assessments for patients who are in frequent need of restraint and seclusion,
- Maintain responsibility for developing relationships with community partners to assist in the process of preparing patients and community sites for the Provisional Discharge of patients and advocate for the evolving needs of this population with legislative and legal representatives when asked.
In consultation with the MSH Program Director, this position maintains responsibility for the portion of the MSH budget that addresses treatment resources, treatment materials, and clinical training. Ongoing awareness of and ability to provide leadership in compliance with licensing regulations and best practices is a critical function of this position. The individual in this position will have the authority to set standards, program goals, and timelines for care provision to meet these standards. They will engage in strategic planning, workforce goal-setting, and specialized program development.
A full position description is available to qualified applicants interested in learning more about the comprehensive details of this position.
- Advanced degree in Psychology or Social Work
- Independent licensure as a mental health professional (LP or LICSW)
- 2 years’ experience as a clinical supervisor or manager
- 4 years’ experience as a licensed mental health professional that includes
- Providing clinical direction and oversight in a mental health and/or forensic organization
- On-going program evaluation and quality assurance
- Developing and administrating budgets
- Developing strategic plans and policies
- Promoting positive community relations
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS – The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
EDUCATION VERIFICATION – Applicants will be required to provide a copy of their high school diploma at time of interview OR copies of their college transcript or college degree/diploma at time of interview. Copies of the college degree/diploma are acceptable ONLY if it clearly identifies the field in which it was earned.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply to the MN Careers website http://www.mn.gov/careers Job ID 19530.
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
If you have questions about the position, contact Taylor Stiff at firstname.lastname@example.org
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER