The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Counselor/Social Worker/Psychologist opportunity with Counseling and Psychological Services.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Counselor /Social Worker/ Psychologist focuses on providing services to students of color and other underrepresented St. Thomas students through outreach, programming, and in providing counseling and psychotherapy. Through this work, the Counselor /Social Worker/ Psychologist aim is to advance intentional efforts to provide services to our increasingly diverse college student population.
The University of St. Thomas University is resolute its conviction as an institution of higher education, to be welcoming and inclusive of all regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity or religious beliefs.This position is supportive of the mission of the University of St. Thomas and sensitive to the unique spiritual and / or religious concerns of the University.
- Design and deliver outreach strategies on student development, mental health concerns, and health enhancement with an emphasis on care and advocacy on intersectional needs of students of color and other historically other underrepresented students.
- Provide culturally responsive short-term individual and group counseling, assessment, crisis intervention, and/or referral services to students.
- Enhance and develop campus liaison relationships to deepen connections with and promote services to historically underrepresented students.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of strategies and services focused on the intersectional identity needs of students of color and other underrepresented students.
- Collaborate with the newly created Center for Well-Being Health, as well as faculty and staff to assist with assessment, development and implementation of strategies focused on identity development and intersectional needs of historically underrepresented students, improving the well-being of our students, decrease fragmentation of care, and improve health outcomes.
- Support a healthy campus culture and work toward empowering students of every background to engage in lifelong healthy decision-making, personal growth, and academic success within an environment that is secure, welcoming, respectful, and compassionate.
- Provide consultation services to students, parents, faculty and staff, and outside professionals.
- Provide appropriate professional assessment, diagnosis, and/or referral services as needed.
- Engage in campus committee work as assigned by Director and/or as time permits.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Master’s or doctoral degree in social work, marriage and family therapy, clinical psychology, counseling psychology or related field from an accredited program
- Licensed or license-eligible in the state of Minnesota in a mental health profession
- Demonstrated skill in and commitment to providing outreach strategies and clinical services to historically underrepresented populations
- Bilingual abilities preferred, but not required
- Experience with racial trauma
HOW TO APPLY
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR THIS POSITION IS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 1ST.
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer