The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Washington, DC is seeking exceptional applicants for an open rank faculty position in our APA-accredited Clinical Psychology doctoral (Psy.D.) program. Successful candidates will join a diverse and cohesive faculty of outstanding practitioner-scholars. Applicants must have a commitment to graduate instruction, training effective clinicians, supervising student research, academic advisement, and involvement in professional and scholarly activity. Area of specialty remains open, however, special consideration will be been to those with expertise/ability to teach in one or more of the following areas: neuropsychology, child and family psychology, biological bases of behavior, cognitive and affective processes, psychopharmacology, and social psychology. Candidates with doctoral degrees outside of clinical psychology will be considered. Those with clinical psychology degrees must have graduated from an APA-accredited program and be licensed or license-eligible. The campus is located in downtown Washington, DC, and is in close proximity to numerous cultural and recreational opportunities. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The Clinical Psychology Psy.D. Program (APA Accredited) at our Washington, DC Campus is seeking a highly qualified Department Faculty member, who typifies our practitioner-scholar model of education.
- Teach doctoral-level clinical psychology courses to students in the Clinical PsyD. Program
- Provide ongoing academic advising, chair dissertations, and assist with admissions
- Serve on departmental, campus, and institutional committees
- Maintain active scholarship, broadly defined, and engage students in these activities
- Integrate technology into classroom instruction
- Mentor a diverse student body on issues pertaining to academic, clinical, professional, and scholarship development
- Doctoral degree in clinical psychology or related discipline
- For those with clinical psychology degrees, graduation from an APA-accredited institution, licensed or plan to become licensed within a year
- Strong commitment to academic excellence, community service, diversity and social justice.
- Area of expertise is open but preference will be given to candidates with qualifications in one or more the following areas: neuropsychology, child and family psychology, biological bases of behavior, psychopharmacology, cognitive and affective processes, and social psychology
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Please contact Lawrence P. Riso, PhD, Chair of the Search Committee, with any questions about the position (firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-203-7197).
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.