The Chicago School of Professional Psychology was founded in 1979 as an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding clinical and professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations and communities. We aim to build an active learning community that promotes cultural awareness, competence, and understanding of diversity and to prepare outstanding practitioners that make a positive impact.
The Clinical Psychology Psy.D. Program (APA Accredited) at our Washington, DC Campus is seeking a highly qualified Department Faculty member, who typifies our engaged practitioner-scholar model of education.
- Teach doctoral-level clinical psychology courses to students in the Clinical PsyD. Program
- Provide ongoing advising, chair dissertations, assist with admissions
- Serve on departmental, campus as well as institutional committees
- Maintain active scholarship, broadly defined, and when possible engage students in these activities
- Integrate technology into classroom instruction
- Mentor a diverse student body on issues pertaining to their academic, clinical, professional, and scholarship development
- Doctoral degree from an APA-accredited institution
- Three to five years of teaching and clinical experience
- Hold a psychology license or plan to do so within a year
- Strong commitment to academic excellence, community service, diversity and social justice.
- Area of expertise is open but preference will be given to candidates with qualifications in one or more the following areas: a range of psychotherapy intervention approaches (e.g., existential/humanistic, psychodynamic, systems), neuropsychology, lifespan development, testing and assessment and diversity
- Clinical and research expertise working with adults, children, and/or families
- Familiarity with current learning platforms (e.g., Canvas)
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu