Join a team that is passionate about the movement against gender-based violence. AACI is looking for a motivated and resourceful Advocate to join the team at Asian Women’s Home, a dynamic program that assists women who have experienced domestic violence and human trafficking.
AACI is one of the largest community health organizations in Santa Clara County. For over 40 years we have been dedicated to serving marginalized communities. The Advocate will provide support information, and resources to shelter residents and non-residential survivors of domestic violence and human trafficking, as well as assist with community outreach, and general administration.
The Advocate provides case management, community referrals and education for domestic violence survivors and their families. This position would advocate for survivors who are under-served and underrepresented due to their race, ethnicity, language and immigration status.
We provide employees with:
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
- Comprehensive benefit plan with four Health Plan Options (we pay 95% of premiums!)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with match
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Eligibility for student loan repayment assistance
- Mileage reimbursement
The ideal candidate:
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in social work, behavioral sciences, other related fields OR equivalent working experience.
- One or more years of experience providing direct services to survivors of trauma
- Is familiar with trauma informed care
- Has experience with case management and advocacy services
- Is bilingual in Mandarin
- Has completed the 40 or 65 hour Domestic Violence-Sexual Assault training offered through an authorized California provider (highly preferred).
Apply now and help us strengthen the hope and resilience of our community members by improving their health, mental health and well-being!