Sofia University seeks to appoint a Lead Faculty for the master’s degree in transpersonal psychology. Reporting to the Program Chair, the Lead Faculty is responsible for collaborating with other faculty and planning a Chinese-language version of the degree program, including curriculum development, instructor recruitment and onboarding, construction of online courses (Canvas LMS), learning outcomes assessment, and operational delivery. This may be configured as a part-time FTE for the first year, though it is anticipated to become full-time within a year to 18 months.
The Lead Faculty position is remote.
Essentials Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop curriculum map for a Chinese-language version of the existing English-language M.A. in Transpersonal Psychology
- Hire, supervise and orient Subject Matter Experts to build online courses and Adjunct Faculty to provide instruction
- Orient a student services team to monitor academic progress and student conduct issues, and develop processes and policies that result in student satisfaction, retention and graduation
- Prepare, submit and implement annual instructional budgets
- Supervise course development, submit annual assessment reports, and teach in appropriate area
- Additional duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in psychology with emphasis on humanistic, contemplative or transpersonal studies
- Experience with the delivery of courses through online and blended modalities
- Experience in academic administration and/or program development
- Familiarity with learning outcomes assessment planning and implementation
- Familiarity with “best practices” in online and blended course development and instruction
- Fluency in both English and Mandarin (written and oral)
- Doctorate in psychology with emphasis on humanistic, contemplative or transpersonal studies
- Experience with Canvas LMS
Since 1975, Sofia University has aspired to be a leader in transformative higher education, offering students an education that transcends a traditional learning environment. Students, staff, and faculty of Sofia are passionate individuals who recognize the need to be a part of something greater than themselves and who seek opportunities to empower themselves and their communities. As Sofia continues to grow as a University, it remains committed to its transformative transpersonal values, as well as to maintaining a high-quality and diverse workforce representative of the community it services.
Founded as the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology, Sofia University is WSCUC accredited and offers undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degree programs. Located in Palo Alto, California, with a branch campus in Costa Mesa, California, the University provides both on campus and online programs, giving students the flexibility to further an education rooted in transformative and transpersonal values, in a format that best suits their schedule and needs.
Sofia University is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit C.V. and cover letter in a single PDF to email@example.com.
Review of applications begins immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.