Medical Services Director
University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
Position Number: 00998965
Introduction (Description of School/College/Dept/Program)
The Executive Director for Student Health and Wellbeing is a senior administrator in Student Affairs who leads planning, implementation and assessment of student services and strategic initiatives related to students’ health and wellbeing, providing institutional leadership to the campus on health and wellbeing-related issues. The Executive Director for Student Health and Wellbeing reports to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and is a member of the Vice Chancellor’s leadership team. The Executive Director for Student Health and Wellbeing directs the overall administration of student health and wellbeing services, effectively managing the personnel, financial, and technological resources to maintain a high level of service to students while fostering relationships internal and external to the campus in support of public health. As needed, the Executive Director will provide direct clinical service to students as a provider in medical services.
1) Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
2) At least 3 years of experience with supervising staff in a college health, primary health care, or public health setting
3) At least 3 years of experience in a significant managerial or administrative position
1) Evidence of direct experience overseeing risk management, quality improvement programs, and accreditation for medical services
2) Prior experience serving in a senior-level administration position while working with a variety of stakeholders
3) Experience fostering relationships and establishing credibility with a wide range of constituencies
4) Demonstrated ability to navigate conflict effectively and influence without authority across all levels of an organization
5) Evidence of change management, project management and process improvement skills, including a demonstrated ability to respond effectively to changing needs and priorities
6) Evidence of the ability to lead long-term strategy implementation, utilizing limited resources with tactical and flexible implementation
7) Experience with the development, measurement, and achievement of performance standards for quality, service, efficiency, and effectiveness for all programs and services
Interested applicants are required to apply online and provide a cover letter addressing your education/experience as they apply to all minimum and preferred qualifications, a resume, and a document listing the names and contact information for three professional references. UWM will not consider paper, emailed or faxed applications.
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidate’s application materials whether they meet any of the qualifications, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications.
All application materials will be further evaluated as evidence of excellent written communication skills. Candidate(s) selected for hire will be required to submit official college transcripts.
For this position, applicants are required to apply online. UWM will not consider paper, emailed or faxed applications. Additionally, applicants must complete all required fields and attach any required documents. The process is complete when the message “Your application has been submitted” is displayed and you receive a confirmation number.
UWM is an AA/EO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
UWM provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-229-4463. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWM is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin’s Open Records Law. UWM will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin’s Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of “final candidates” and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC and Reference Check Policy
Employment will require a criminal background check. UWM takes the prevention of sexual misconduct seriously. As such, you and your references will be required to answer questions regarding any past findings of sexual violence and sexual harassment or any pending allegations of sexual violence or sexual harassment.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWM Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see http://www.cleryact.uwm.edu/, or call UWM’s Dean of Students Office, Student Union 345 at (414) 229-4632 for a paper copy.
In compliance with federal law, all persons at the time of their start date will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4019163
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.