Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better health.
Program Director Clinical Mental Health Counseling
In this role, you will be responsible for the establishment, administration, continued development, periodic review, and general effectiveness of a new master’s-level graduate program in Clinical Mental Health Counseling located within the Kaiser Permanente School of Allied Health Sciences (KPSAHS) Northern California. As the Program Director, you will ensure the provision of quality education services in accordance with state and national accrediting agencies, federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and Kaiser Permanente strategic initiatives.
- At least three years of graduate-level teaching experience in an accredited counseling or clinical psychology program
- At least five years of management or educator experience in a health care or university setting
- At least five years of experience as a licensed therapist in a counseling-related field
- A doctorate degree in counseling psychology or in a counseling-related field from a regionally accredited school (e.g. PhD, PsyD, etc.)
- A current, valid license to practice psychology
- Proficient in curriculum design, program administration, evaluation, instruction, and student advising
- The ability to utilize knowledge of multimedia educational technologies and various education delivery models
- Strong educational program curriculum development skills
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Programmatic experience with California Board of Behavioral Sciences and The Western Association of Schools and Colleges preferred
- Evidence of scholarly activity and participation in professional organizations within the field of psychology and/or clinical mental health counseling
- Three years of experience as a clinical supervisor
For immediate consideration, please visit http://kp.org/careers for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 885614.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers