This position will be responsible for overseeing the training and internship program for the Division of Specialty Mental Health which includes Doctorate and Masters level clinical practicum students and pre and post-doctorate psychology interns. This includes planning, developing, and coordinating the program’s instructional and clinical activities, as necessary, to ensure that students receive assistance in meeting their learning and clinical objectives. It also requires coordinating BAPIC and school sites as necessary and completing required documents. This position reports to the Asian Health Services Specialty Mental Health Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Oversees the quality of practicum internship programs
2. Reviews and approves all practicum affiliation agreements
3. Oversees the recruitment of interns and interviews
4. Plan, develop and coordinate instructional activities, as necessary to ensure that students receive assistance in meeting their learning objectives.
5. Submits required academic, clinical, and institutional reports and forms (mid-term/final grades, etc.) in a timely and accurate manner
6. Maintains responsibilities for the preparation of reports required by the university and/or accrediting, licensing, and professional agencies.
7. Provide individual supervisions to interns and staff as assigned
8. Provide weekly group supervision to intern groups
9. Maintains availability to students on an individual and/or small group basis, to respond to student questions and concerns.
10. Organize and plan didactic training
11. Supervisor of the Day duties to manage client crisis and client care urgent needs for that day.
1. Possess a Ph.D. or PsyD in Clinical Psychology from an APA accredited program
1. Teaching of clinical courses ad psychological assessment experience is highly desirable
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
1. Ph.D. or PsyD in Clinical Psychology from an APA accredited program
2. Must be licensed in the state of California
3. Maintains progression licensure in good standing, professional memberships in professional organizations, and participates in continuing education activities