Towson University (TU) is one of the nation’s top 100 public universities. Located north of Baltimore, TU currently enrolls over 22,000 students and is the second-largest university in the prestigious University System of Maryland. Towson University values diversity and fosters a climate that is grounded in respect and inclusion to cultivate the intellectual and personal growth of the entire university community.
The Towson University Counseling Center seeks to fill a Staff Psychologist position. This position will provide a range of clinical and counseling services to college students and provide expertise, programming, and training in their coordinated area. This position will include involvement with our doctoral internship and externship training programs including serving as a clinical supervisor and providing training seminars.
We are a strong, vibrant Center that values diversity, and we seek to provide a safe, welcoming and affirming environments for all. We have an established and thriving doctoral training program in which all staff are involved. We seek a psychologist who, in addition to having strong clinical skills and interest in providing training and a range of clinical services, will provide an innovative vision and administrative leadership in a coordinated area of expertise. Applicants with strong cultural competence expertise will be given extra consideration.
- Provide psychological services to students and consultation to faculty, and staff on both a regular and emergency basis, and when necessary, during non-traditional hours
- Provide clinical consultation to students, families, and campus in support of the mental health of the campus
- Collaborate in efforts to provide services in new and creative ways; adhere to agency standards regarding case management and documentation.
- Some evening hours with corresponding flex time may be available or required.
- Provide clinical supervision and training to doctoral interns and externs.
- Provide leadership in a coordinated area.
- Participate in the Academic & Student Affairs Division and the University mission in a variety of ways, such as collaborating with other departments on campus, attend university functions, and serve on task forces and committees as assigned.
- At least one semester of training or experience in a college or University Counseling Center or 4-5 months experience in brief treatment & outreach-providing settings
- A Doctoral Degree or ABD in Psychology, currently licensed or will be license eligible as a Psychologist in Maryland. Licensure mandatory after 12 months of starting in the position.
- After-hours and weekend coverage may be required occasionally for campus emergencies, and for providing scheduled outreach programs and services.
- Experience and interest in serving a diverse student body.
A Criminal Background Investigation is required for the hired candidate and the results may impact employment.
Competitive salary and full University benefits that include 22 days of annual leave, up to 14 holidays, personal and sick days; excellent health, life, and retirement plans; and tuition remission. To learn more about our benefits, click here.
To apply, click here (or go to https://towson.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl ) and type in the “Keywords” section: Staff Psychologist.
This position will be open for a minimum of 14 days. For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume with your online application.
The safety of our students, faculty, staff, and neighbors has been our top priority and the focus of every one of our decisions since the earliest days of the COVID-19 pandemic. The University System of Maryland (USM) has recently determined that mandating a COVID vaccine for all faculty, staff, and students at all schools in the USM is both a reasonable and necessary means of protecting our health and safety. As a prospective hire at TU, proof of your full COVID19 vaccination must be demonstrated before you begin employment with the University.