UVM Medical Center
Full-Time, Day Shift
The University of Vermont Medical Center is seeking a Staff Psychologist to join their team.
External candidates are eligible for a one-time signing bonus of $5,000 (prorated for part time roles). The bonus will be paid out as a $2,500 gross pay adjustment in the first pay check following the completion of a successful, 90 day orientation; the second installment of $2,500 will be paid upon completion of 6 months (prorated for part time) of satisfactory service in the department hired into.
This position is intended to provide continuity over the weekend for the inpatient services and as such will include one at least one weekend day each week.
The Staff Psychologist will provide psychological services to adult patients on one or two of our inpatient psychiatric units. This is a full time position created to facilitate continuity of care, clinical consultation and direct service. Services may include diagnostic evaluations, psychotherapy with patients, family meeting facilitation, staff consultation, clinical supervision and training.
The psychologist will attend daily rounds, collaborate with staff and other members of the treatment team, communicate effectively with all relevant parties and document patient contacts in the medical record. Daily rounding can include general clinical interviewing and observation as well as specific interventions, such as safety planning, behavioral consultation, assistance with reality testing and redirection, if indicated. Occasional consultation in the ED or a medical-surgical floor and weekend coverage may also be requested.
- PsyD or PhD in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from an APA accredited program.
- Completion of APA accredited internship program, preferably in Clinical Psychology.
- Completion of at least 1 year of postdoctoral fellowship in a hospital setting preferred.
- Specialized training in risk assessment, behavioral planning, psychological evaluation, and brief hospital-based interventions strongly preferred.
- Strong experience in providing individual and family psychotherapy utilizing empirically supported interventions, such as cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy, brief dynamically oriented therapy, and trauma-focused interventions.
- At least one year of clinical experience in Inpatient Psychiatry preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ post-licensure clinical and consultative practice strongly preferred.
- Licensed as a psychologist-Doctorate in the State of Vermont.
To learn more or to apply, visit:
*Please be sure to upload a cover letter in the same document as the resume
The Department of Psychological Services at UVMMC is especially interested in candidates who have a demonstrated background in multicultural psychology and can contribute to the diversity, equity and inclusion in the department, organization and network. We welcome applicants who will advance our mission to be an anti-racist department and organization, as well as, promote cultural humility and a sense of belonging for every individual and community we serve. Applicants are requested to include information in their cover letter about how they will further this aim.
The University of Vermont Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.