JOB TITLE: Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs
SUPERVISOR: Dean of the College of Psychology
EFFORT: 1.0 FTE, Full Time, Exempt
EDUCATION: PsyD or PhD
The College of Psychology is looking for an Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs to be part of the faculty and a key member of the Dean’s executive team. Our PsyD curriculum is constructed to provide students with the interventions and practical clinical experiences needed to treat diverse and complex patient populations. The Assistant Dean of Academics will lead our effort to ensure students receive a curriculum that reflects the needs of the profession and the communities we serve.
California Northstate University is dedicated to educating, developing, and training the next generation of healthcare professionals. It is comprised of a College of Pharmacy, College of Medicine, College of Health Sciences, College of Graduate Studies, College of Psychology, and the College of Dental Medicine. With the recent announcement that California Northstate is building its own medical facility, now is the time to join this growing and collaborative university.
The Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs is responsible for:
1. Developing student success initiatives
2. Evaluating curriculum compliance
3. Ensuring a robust academic assessment program
4. Working with University administration gathering accreditation data
5. Collaborating with fellow Deans on issues of academics and student performance
6. Representing the College of Psychology on the University Curriculum Committee
1. A PhD or PsyD
2. Ability to manage complex organizational tasks
3. Comprehensive knowledge of the discipline of psychology
4. Experience with academic evaluation
5. The skill to speak and write clearly and concisely
6. Excellent leadership potential
1. Previous experience in evaluating academic programs using both macro and micro data
2. Prior teaching experience
3. A psychology license to practice in the state of California
APPLICANT SHOULD SUBMIT
- Cover letter that addresses qualification, experience, and career goals
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least (3) professional references
Please send all application materials to the College of Psychology care of the Executive Assistant to the Dean, Kira Garvey firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address: California Northstate University, College of Psychology, 2920 Prospect Park Dr. Ste. 210, Rancho Cordova CA 95670.
CNU is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.