Assistant Teaching Professor/Associate Teaching Professor in Cognitive Psychology
Arizona State University
Department of Psychology
The Department of Psychology at Arizona State University seeks to hire up to 2 faculty at the ranks of Assistant Teaching Professor, and/or Associate Teaching Professor, depending on experience, with an anticipated start date of August 2023.
These are full-time, benefits-eligible, non-tenure-eligible positions renewable on an academic year basis (August 16th to May 15th) contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of resources, and the needs of the university. We encourage applicants to apply who would enhance the inclusiveness and diversity of our department.
The successful candidates will be expected to teach four sections per semester, online and in-person, at the undergraduate level in the Psychology Department. Assigned courses will typically include one or more foundational courses (e.g., Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Statistics, Research Methods), along with one or more upper-division breadth courses in cognition, broadly defined. The Psychology Department also administers Arizona State University’s Neuroscience major. The ability to teach one or more courses in this major (e.g., Cognitive Neuroscience, Neuroscience of Learning and Motivation) would be valuable. We have an active, committed group of teaching faculty who are well-integrated into the department. The successful candidates would join this group and research faculty in delivering high-quality undergraduate courses and will be expected to participate in service to the university and profession as appropriate. Assistant/Associate Teaching Professor positions include the potential for promotion within the Teaching Professor rank, and opportunities for summer teaching.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- D. in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, or a closely related discipline by the time of appointment.
- Teaching experience in a university setting
Desired Qualifications include:
- Experience teaching undergraduate courses
- Experience with multiple teaching modalities, especially online course development and teaching
- Engagement in evidence-based and reflective teaching practices in undergraduate education
- Professional engagement with students in and out of the classroom
- Demonstrated success meeting the needs of diverse student populations and/or reaching out to diverse communities.
Applicants are expected to give a teaching demonstration if invited to interview.