The Department of Psychology invites applications for a full-time Clinical Assistant Professor to assist with the development and coordination of the department’s master’s program in Applied Behavior Analysis (MS ABA). This full-time, benefits-eligible, non-tenure eligible appointment is renewable on a fiscal year basis contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of resources, and the needs of the unit. Anticipated start date is July 2021.
The successful candidate will be expected to: teach courses related to the MS ABA’s curriculum; assist in maintaining the MS ABA program’s fieldwork training requirement by working with ABA agencies to identify, develop, and coordinate practicum placement sites that meet program needs; coordinate student matches to practicum placement positions; develop and teach the practicum course(s) as appropriate; coordinate and maintain program BACB approved course sequence distinction; serve on committees relevant to the MS ABA program; maintain program handbook and other resources as appropriate. Successful candidate must have the ability to obtain a valid Arizona driver’s license prior to start date.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Doctorate in behavior analysis or closely related field from an accredited university at the time of hire
- Must be a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- State-licensed behavior analyst or license-eligible within 3 months of hire
- Experience supervising ABA service providers and conducting case review staff meetings
- Extensive knowledge of BACB standards, guidelines, and certification/credential processes including BACB’s Fifth Edition Task List
- Teaching experience in a university setting
- On-campus and remote teaching experience
- Two years supervisory and ABA provider experience across diverse clientele
- Demonstrated success meeting the needs of diverse student populations or reaching out to diverse communities