George Mason University Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) seeks a full-time, experienced Counselor (1.0 FTE, with benefits). CAPS supports students through ethical and responsive care and prevention. We foster the well-being of the diverse Mason community through psychological, learning, outreach, and consultation services. We provide high-quality training to emerging mental health professionals. We are committed to excellence in psychological and learning services by promoting student safety, enhancing emotional growth, and supporting academic success.
- Individual and group counseling;
- Case management services;
- Crisis intervention, including after-hour consultations;
- Psychological consultation services to diverse students/faculty/staff/family/others;
- Community education and outreach programming;
- Supervision and training of psychology externs and doctoral interns (American Psychological Association-accredited internship);
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Earned Master’s degree in clinical or counseling psychology, or social work;
- Licensed as a Professional Counselor or Clinical Social Worker in Virginia, or eligible for immediate licensure in Virginia;
- At least one year of experience providing mental health services to college students or late adolescents;
- Demonstrated knowledge, ability and experience effectively working with diverse populations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume clinical setting with clients presenting in acute distress;
- Experience with brief psychotherapy and group psychotherapy;
- Experience providing clinical consultation to non-clinicians;
- Experience providing clinical supervision.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA10EZ at https://jobs.gmu.edu by February 21, 2020; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter that identifies your interest and qualifications for this position, a resume/vita, and a list of three professional references with contact information. For questions, you may contact Nina Joshi, Office Manager, at 703-993-2380.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Apply here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/xjnyfsgywsxmgqxc