The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Washington, DC is seeking exceptional applicants for either a Director of Clinical Training (DCT) or Associate Director of Clinical Training (ADCT), depending upon experience, for our APA-accredited Clinical Psychology doctoral (Psy.D.) program. Successful candidates will join a diverse and cohesive faculty of outstanding practitioner-scholars.
The DCT serves as an integral member of the Clinical Psy.D. program in overseeing student practicum and internship experiences. The DCT is assisted by, and supervises, the ADCT. The DCT reports to the Clinical Psy.D. Director of Clinical Training.
Candidates must hold a doctoral degree in psychology from an APA-accredited program, be licensed or license-eligible, and should have prior experience with supervision and training of graduate level students.
The campus is located in downtown Washington, DC, and is in close proximity to numerous cultural and recreational opportunities. We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
If you have questions about the position, please contact Dr. Priscilla Dass-Brailsford (email@example.com or 202-706-5078).
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and maintain a network of practicum sites, including visiting sites and building relationships with site supervisors.
• Assist students in site selection and review of application materials for practicum and doctoral internship.
• Assist students who are encountering issues related to their practicum and internship experience.
• Monitor progress of practicum performance, including evaluations, hour logs, and related paperwork.
• Track data related to practicum and internship placements.
• Engage in remediation planning for students.
• Communicate with academic department regarding professional development, training concerns, rules and regulations, and the search and placement process.
• Participate in department-level strategic planning.
• Teach 6 credits, as assigned by the Clinical Psy.D. Department Chair.
• Participate in re-accreditation efforts.
• Attend Clinical PsyD. Department meetings.
• Attend DC Directors of Clinical Training meetings.
• Doctoral-level, licensed Clinical or Counseling Psychologist.
• Valid driver’s license and access to a car to visit training sites as needed.
• Prior experience with supervision and training of graduate level students.
• Prior teaching at the graduate level is desirable.
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, visit www.thechicagoschool.edu.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System, visit www.tcsedsystem.org
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.