Oxford College of Emory University invites applications for a part-time Staff Clinician to join our team at Counseling and Career Services to serve a diverse student population. We are looking for a skilled and creative clinician to provide quality care to undergraduates as a small liberal arts college. This position also involves opportunities to engage innovative outreach toward promoting a supportive campus environment. This is a 10-month position, aligned with the August – May school schedule, with vacation as well as health insurance and retirement benefits. We are a small two-year campus that is part of Emory University, where our students transition to after their sophomore year.
Clinical responsibilities of the position include conducting intake assessments; providing short-term counseling services; occasional crisis intervention and risk/triage assessments. This position also involves occasional consultation to parents, faculty, staff, or fellow students regarding struggling students.
- A master’s degree or higher in an applied mental health field (e.g., Social Work, Counseling, Psychology) from an accredited institution,
- Current licensure in the state of Georgia in your discipline (i.e., as a LCSW, LPC or Licensed Psychologist).
- Two years of prior counseling experience as a licensed provider, preferably within a counseling center or experience providing mental health services to a young adult population.
- Demonstrated engagement in serving a diverse community with a solid foundation in identity development and expertise in providing mental health services to under-served and or marginalized client populations.
Counseling expertise and experience in addressing any of the following would especially strengthen a candidate’s application:
- substance abuse,
- challenges facing neuro-diverse students, and
- students navigating challenges related to micro and macro aggressions against marginalized and oppressed communities.