- Examines, dissects and performs gross descriptions on surgical specimens under the supervision of the Pathologists.
- Performs and records findings on post-mortem examinations.
- Photographs surgical and autopsy specimens.
- Procures tissue for Tissue Bank.
- Verifies surgical pathology specimen billing.
- Assists Pathologists in various duties as needed.
- 4 year/Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience grossing simple to complex specimens
Certification and Licensure
- ASCP Pathologist Assistant Certification within 1 year of hire
- Dictation and Transcription Skills
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- General Clerical Skills
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Multi Line Telephone Operational Skills
Reading Hospital’s Laboratory is CAP accredited offering specialized testing, lab automation, and state of the art equipment. The lab offers cross training opportunities and the opportunity to be part of cross-function process improvement teams. In Fiscal Year 2021, the lab performed 4.2 million tests (including 72,892 Anatomical Pathology tests, 189,392 SARS-COV2 tests, and 157,315 inpatient phlebotomy draws). The department consists of over 190 medical laboratory professionals. Reading’s lab offers opportunities for advancement and continued career growth.