The University of Missouri Kansas City Counseling Services is looking to fill an open psychologist position. This position will be responsible for the generalist duties described below as well as serve in the role of Group Coordinator.
- Identify and schedule the types of groups needed to support the mental health needs of our student population and service delivery model of our center.
- Train staff and trainees on effective group counseling practices including advertising, screening of potential members, referral process, evaluation, etc.
- Provide multiculturally competent and ethical clinical treatment that values, respects, and celebrates students representing different intersecting identities and individual differences.
- Determine clinical disposition for appropriate services, formulate treatment plans, conduct risk assessment, develop safety plans, and coordinate all aspects of client care/treatment.
- Provide individual, and where qualified, couple Initial consultations.
- Provide ongoing individual, and where qualified, couple therapy services.
- Provide crisis walk-in consultation services.
- Provide process and psycho-educational group therapy services.
- Conduct educational workshops (Mind Over Mood).
- Outreach and Psycho-educational prevention programming regarding mental health and wellness practices (student orientations, classroom presentations, tabling, fairs, screenings, interviews, articles, human resource presentations, etc.
- Consultation services to faculty, staff, parents, students, and community members regarding mental health concerns and questions.
- Clinical supervision to Masters and/or Doctoral level trainees/interns.
- Complete legally and ethically required clinical documentation (initial consultation reports, progress notes, Psychological Assessment reports, legal proceedings, verification of attendance of services, termination summaries, clinical letters (withdrawal processes, academic appeal, financial aid appeal, etc.), Release of Information Forms, supervision notes, etc.
- Provide clinical management services supporting continuity of care with both UMKC Offices and external providers such as psychotropic medication management, health assessments regarding eating disorders, physical health issues impacting mental health, securing referrals for continued care after a student leaves UMKC or when outside the scope of our service delivery model, social service needs such as food insecurity, homelessness, transportation, legal services, etc.
- Provide Professional Development training to staff and interns.
- Complete required State of Missouri required continuing education credits to maintain license to practice in this state.
- Complete required university/Human Resources trainings.
- Attend university and divisional meetings.
- Serve on designated university committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires some evening and weekend hours.