Florida International University is Miami’s public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 42 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU’s commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
Provides direct psychological services to university students/clients through individual and/or couples and group counseling. Conducts clinical assessments and formulates diagnoses and treatment plans. Provides assessments, crisis intervention, and intakes for students. Provides consultations to family members and campus community constituents, as well as provides outreach to the University community. Consistently supports the mission, vision, and goals/direction of the department and university.
- Provides direct psychological services to university students/clients including individuals, couples, and group counseling. Conducts clinical assessments and formulates diagnoses and treatment plans.
- Provides emergency assessments, crisis intervention, and intakes for students. Provides consultations to family members and campus community constituents.
- Completes intake summaries, psychological assessments, emergency evaluations, progress notes, and termination summaries according to the established policies and procedures.
- Is on call for crises and emergencies that may fall outside normal business hours (including evenings and weekends),and may be required to work later than scheduled to meet student needs.
- May provide clinical supervision and/or training of psychology interns in our American Psychological Association (APA) Accredited Doctoral Internship Program and post-doctoral fellows in the Post-Doctoral Fellowship Program, which reflects the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Center¿s (APPIC) guid
- elines. May also provide clinical supervision and/or training to our pre-masters interns.
- May act as Chair and/or Co-Chair for committees, coordinates programs (e.g., group, workshops, assessments), and perform other duties that support the overall functioning of the department.
- Develops and presents educational programs, seminars, and workshops to students.
- Participates in departmental research.
- Participates in outreach to both assist in the delivery of mental healthcare information to the FIU community as well as increase the visibility of CAPS across campus.
- Collaborates with departmental staff, other departments, and community organizations to provide therapeutic, advocacy, and support services to FIU students.
- Supports the mission, vision, goals, and objectives of the department and the University.
- Performs other related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position
Doctorate from an APA Accredited Clinical or Counseling Psychology program with an APA accredited internship. Licensed Psychologist.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) preferred.
- Doctorate from an accredited University in Psychology, which includes one year of supervised internship experience in professional psychology and licensure as a psychologist by the State of Florida in accordance with Chapter 490, F.S.
Starting at $67,940
- Begin time: 8:30 AM
- End time: 5:00 PM
- Criminal Background Check
- Driver’s License Check
- Fingerprinting Check
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends and at locations outside of the University
- Travel to FIU Campus
- Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
For further information or to apply online visit our website at careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID # 525101
Florida Statute 1010.35 – Screening Foreign Researchers
Pursuant to Florida law, any citizen of a foreign county who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of employment or training in China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, or Syria is subject to additional screening. Applicants meeting those criteria will be required to provide the following information in the application: every institution of higher education attended; all previous employment since the applicant’s 18th birthday; list of all published material, current and pending research funding from any source, including details about the research, your role, funding source, and amount; list and description of any non-university professional activities; any affiliation with an institution or program in a foreign country; a complete copy of your passport; the most recently submitted DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application).
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status