Psychologist – Family Court Mental Health Services (FCMHS)
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Family Court Mental Health Services (FCMHS) is a mandated court-based forensic evaluation program, administered by the Central Office Division of Medical and Professional Affairs. FCMHS evaluates children and adults involved in Family Court cases in the five boroughs of New York City. FCMHS conducts comprehensive and targeted forensic evaluations in all litigation categories (i.e., Juvenile Delinquency, Child Protection, Custody/Visitation, etc.), and all evaluations are performed by licensed psychologists or board eligible/certified psychiatrists who can testify as legally qualified experts, in accordance with New York State statutory requirements and professional guidelines. In addition to forensic evaluations, FCMHS also provides general consultation and training-assistance to the Family Court, Child/Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship programs, and other stakeholders involved in the Juvenile Justice/Child Protective/Domestic Violence systems.
We are currently seeking multiple NYS licensed Psychologists for positions within the Family Court Mental Health Services Program.
This is a hybrid position: two days at home and three days in the office.
- Medical & Union Benefits
- Retirement Savings Plans & Pension Programs
- Paid Time Off including annual, sick, and holidays
- Transit Benefits
- Loan Forgiveness, where eligible
- In-house, no cost Continuing Education (CE) Credits
Psychologist Level I
Annual full-time salary: $91,314
- Doctoral degree (e.g., PhD and PsyD) in Clinical, Counseling, or School Psychology from an American Psychological Association (APA) accredited program, accepted by the New York State Education Department (NYSED).
- Valid license and current registration to practice as a Psychologist issued by the NYSED must be obtained within two (2) years of appointment to title.
Annual full-time salary: $104,909
- Valid license and current registration to practice as a Psychologist issued by the NYSED; or 2. Proof of passing licensing examination and proof that completed license application and all supporting documentation have been submitted to NYSED, which leads to licensure and registration, within six (6) months.
An additional $4,855 annual license differential will be added to eligible licensed new hires.
Prior forensic experience is not required
- Proficiency in general clinical assessment, oral communication and writing skills • Excellent time management skills
- Bilingual a plus
Please submit your CV to email@example.com
NYC Health + Hospitals Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement