Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.
Staff Clinician – Counseling and Mental Health Service – 19001361
Tufts University Counseling and Mental Health Service (CMHS) is a division of Tufts Department of Health and Wellness, which also includes Tufts Health Service and Tufts Health Promotion. The department contributes to the educational mission of the university through a variety of activities devoted to prevention, intervention, and consultation. Serving a diverse student body of approximately 8000 undergraduate and graduate students on two campuses, CMHS is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment which is inclusive and culturally informed. We are a multicultural team with an ongoing focus on deepening our understanding of the intersectional identities of all members of our community. We bring energy and a collaborative approach to the provision of brief counseling and psychiatric services. In addition, we are active on campus doing training, outreach and liaison work, as well as consulting to the Tufts communities of students, parents, faculty, and staff regarding students of concern. We also provide mental health crisis intervention and emergency on-call services to the campus community.
The CMHS Staff Clinician functions as a member of the CMHS Clinical Team, providing the full range of mental health services to Tufts University students from the Medford and SMFA campuses. These services include assessment; individual, couples, group counseling; and crisis intervention; as well as liaison/outreach activities, and community consultation. Additionally, as part of the Clinical Team and the Division, the clinician participates in meetings, trainings, committees, etc. The successful candidate will possess specific training and experience working with diverse populations including, but not limited to communities of color, LGBTQ+ students, as well as students of different ethnicities, immigration histories, and intersecting identities. Additionally, experience working with men and male-identified students, typically underserved in mental health settings, is highly desired. The position also includes participation in 24-hour emergency on-call rotations, involving telephone and/or face-to-face after-hours evaluations when necessary. Other duties as assigned.
- Doctorate in Psychology or LICSW required; Current LICSW in Massachusetts, or Licensed/license-eligible Massachusetts Psychologist Provider.
- Requires clinical experience involving brief therapy with a college student/young adult population; strong generalist experience working with a variety of issues common in college populations including stress and anxiety management, eating and body image issues, sexual and other forms of trauma, substance abuse, non-suicidal self-injury, suicidality, depression and mood disorders, ADHD, ASD, etc..
- Demonstrated training and experience working with diverse populations including, but not limited to communities of color, LGBQ+ students, as well as students of different ethnicities and immigration histories.
- Demonstrated cultural competency.
- Ability to participate in after-hours on-call rotation and other after-hours campus activities.
- Prefer 3+ years post-license clinical experience, and experience addressing crises in a campus community.
- We are committed to strengthening and expanding culturally competent clinical and programming expertise in a number of areas including; providing relevant and effective services to communities of color; gender identity including non-binary, transgender, and related issues; working with students on the autism spectrum; eating disorders; alcohol and other drug issues; and first-generation student issues.
- Bilingual candidates are urged to apply.
- Additionally, experience working with men’s issues and male-identified students, typically underserved in mental health settings, is highly desired.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Organization: Counseling Center
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: May 6, 2019, 8:21:50 AM