Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.
Staff Clinician/Urgent Care Specialist – Health Services – 19001468
Tufts University Counseling and Mental Health Service (CMHS) is a division of Tufts department of Health and Wellness, which also includes Tufts Health Service and Tufts Health promotion. The department contributes to the educational mission of The University through a variety of activities devoted to prevention, intervention, and consultation. Serving a diverse student body of approximately 8000 undergraduate and graduate students on two campuses, CMHS is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment which is inclusive and culturally informed. We are a multicultural team with an ongoing focus on deepening our understanding of the intersectional identities of all members of our community. we bring energy and a collaborative approach to the provision of brief counseling and psychiatric services. In addition, we are active on campus doing training, outreach and liaison work, as well as consulting to the Tufts communities of students, parents, faculty, and staff regarding students of concern. We also provide mental health crisis intervention and emergency on-call services to the campus community.
The CMHS Staff Clinician/Urgent Care Specialist will function as member of the CMHS clinical team, providing the full range of mental health services to Tufts University students from the Medford and SMFA campuses, participating in meetings, trainings, committees, etc. In addition, a portion of this position will be committed to provision of care for students requiring crisis intervention and/or emergency care. In this context, the clinician will work closely with partners on campus (such as Health Center Staff, Deans office, and others) as well as off campus (hospital ERs, inpatient teams, and outpatient clinicians).
- Doctorate in Psychology or MSW required; Current LICSW in Massachusetts, or Licensed/license-eligible Massachusetts Psychologist Provider.
- Experience evaluating and triaging complex, high acuity, and/or high-risk cases in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Mental health risk assessment, crisis intervention, and emergency management experience are necessary.
- Clinical experience with college student/young adult populations and ability to work collaboratively on a team are essential.
- Must be well-versed in and comfortable with short-term treatment and possess strong generalist experience with a variety of issues common in college populations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and excellent time management skills are required.
- The successful candidate will possess demonstrated commitment to cultural competency, including specific training and experience working with diverse populations including, but not limited to students of color, LGBTQAI+ students, as well as students of different ethnicities, immigration histories, abilities, and intersecting identities.
- Must have scheduling flexibility to participate in after-hours on-call rotation and other after-hours campus activities, as needs dictate.
- Prefer 3+ years post-license clinical experience, and experience addressing crises in a campus community.
- We are committed to strengthening and expanding culturally competent clinical and programming expertise in a number of areas including; providing relevant and effective services to communities of color; gender identity including non-binary, transgender, and related issues; working with students on the autism spectrum; eating disorders; alcohol and other drug issues; and first-generation student issues.
- Bilingual candidates are urged to apply.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Organization: Counseling Center
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jun 3, 2019, 7:59:01 AM